With I hear the term “daily affirmations,” I always think of Stuart Smalley from Saturday Night Live who said at the end of each skit while staring in a mirror, “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!” While this was poking fun at the use of daily affirmations, in fact, affirmations actually work! I think the hardest part about them is making it a daily habit and sticking with it.
While browsing through the Goodwill, I came across an interesting title called, “The Dynamic Law of Healing,” by Catherine Ponder. It was copyrighted in the 80s and I was intrigued enough as a reiki practitioner to buy it for $1 and see what messages it might offer. Essentially, the book breaks down the power of affirmations and the different types. For example, there are affirmations of forgiveness in which you forgive all those that have hurt you in your past, present, and present as a way to let go and release any long standing negative emotions you may have festering inside your body. Another type is divine love affirmations, where you channel and invoke the incredible power of divine love in your daily life. As many a trite sayings, love conquers are–this is quite true that the riding the frequency of love can change your DNA and mental outlook.
I have been practicing these different types of affirmations and have noticed a huge difference in my life. I am surrendering my issues up to God and living with divine love, forgiveness and gratitude. I wanted to share some of my favorite affirmations that I carry with me in my phone when I have a moment alone or feel like praying. I recite these over and over again during the day. Please use as many as you like or create your own!
- I am a magnet for miracles. I trust my source and I am divinely guided and directed.
- My life, my health, my prosperity, my happiness, my success, my good cannot be limited! I am unfettered and unbound!
- I am divine intelligence. Every part of my body is filled with divine intelligence. I am whole, well, harmonious through and through
- All that has offended me, I forgive. Whatever has made me bitter, resentful, unhappy, I forgive. Within and without, I forgive. Things past, things present, things future, I forgive.
- I am the radiant child of God. My mind, body, and affairs now express His radiant perfection.
- My heart is filled with divine love and divine love will work any miracle that needs working.
- God is love.